Tuesday, January 16, 2018

i've got two left feet and a bottle of red wine

Today was pretty great, all in all, but I'm totally tapped out and need to go to bed immediately if I want to recover before tomorrow. I woke up v. early in SF, showered, threw my stuff in my bag, and left the hotel around 6:40 so that I could get to Mountain View before traffic was awful. It took me an hour and a half to get there, but that was better than it could have been, I guess. When I got to work, I put on my makeup and blow dried my hair, and then had time to eat breakfast before my day-long meeting began.

The meeting was great, all in all - it involved brainstorming and designing, which is my favorite kind of meeting. I also ate a v. weird whole30-approved salad while watching teammates use the company bowling lane, which was peak silicon valley. Then we went straight until 5:30 without a break, so I was exhausted by the end...

...but I still managed to drive to San Carlos to have a v. delightful dinner with Barbara, Anne, and Veronica. We went to West Park Bistro - the food was really tasty, but the service was super slow and a little spotty (they never cleared the last of our plates), but the slow service gave us an excuse to linger and talk to each other, so that was a good thing. It was really nice to catch up with my writer friends, and it was also nice to have a chance to talk for real - Veronica's birthday party in December was also a total blast, but it wasn't quite as conducive to conversation as the restaurant was.

But all good things come to an end, so I drove to Mountain View and checked into my hotel and unpacked, etc. And now I'm going to sleep so that I can get eight hours and hopefully restore my balance/sanity (or at least immune system) - goodnight!

No comments: