Saturday, January 27, 2018

poured it down so i poured it down

I awoke this morning totally wrecked, which is what I deserved after an long evening of cocktails and laughter with Katie...but I also awoke in a totally great mood despite my physical shakiness. Unfortunately, I couldn't laze in bed - I had plans this morning, so I walked back to Root Down to retrieve my car, swung by Black Eye to get a coffee, and then headed back to Boulder. When I got here, I really just wanted to crawl into bed, but I managed to take a shower and make some more coffee before heading over to Natasha and Chris's house for breakfast (which I was v. late to).

It was delightful to hang out with them for a couple of hours - they've lived in Colorado for several years, so I hadn't spent much time with them since they moved, but it's delightful to be in the same state again. I could have easily kept hanging out, but eventually I came home - with an impromptu stop at a really wonderful greenhouse, full of all sorts of indoor plants (and a separate section for outdoor gardening, although I didn't check that out). I may have to go back tomorrow or Monday to buy a couple of things, as long as I think I'm buying things that I can keep alive even when traveling (which probably means succulents or cacti).

When I got home, I took a quick nap, then got a mani/pedi, then ran to Bed Bath and Beyond to explore their offerings. Then I took myself out to dinner at Verde, which is the Mexican restaurant that [censored], Drewbaby, and I went to over Thanksgiving - I ate grains last night with Katie for the first time in almost a month, and I decided to keep indulging tonight before going back on the meat bandwagon tomorrow. So I had chips and salsa and v. v. tasty enchiladas and a margarita while writing in my journal, and it was all great.

But now it's only 9:30 and I'm feeling like death, so I'm going to curl up in bed with a book and invite sleep to come asap. Goodnight!

No comments: