Thursday, January 11, 2018

i only want to sing your song

I need to stop looking at screens *immediately* - which is what I told myself an hour ago. Today was chock full of meetings and talking - it started at nine a.m. and continued straight through to six, including a presentation to my team and also a presentation to the new team I got reorged under (luckily, 130 people doesn't feel like very many when most of them are on videoconference).

So, needless to say, I was wiped out by the end. I came home, tidied up my kitchen, and reheated the last of some ribeye for dinner - along with two fried eggs and some hashbrowns (maybe not totally whole30 approved, although they didn't contain any forbidden ingredients, so #yolo). This was the height of restraint on my part, since all I wanted to do was drink a bottle of wine and watch Top Chef until I passed out. Instead, I did some laundry, did some dishes, and then worked for two more hours because I'm a masochist.

But now I'm really logging off and going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: