Sunday, January 28, 2018

it's a little blurry how the whole thing started

I slept for eleven hours last night, and while I wish I could repeat that feat tonight, it's not in the cards. Today was pretty lovely, all in all - the sleep definitely helped, as did the fact that I had plans that forced me to leave the house for a ten a.m. brunch. It only took a few minutes to drive to Brasserie Ten Ten, which is a French bistro that I'd been to once before - a coworker is visiting from Dublin, so a bunch of us arranged to go out while he was here. The food was pretty tasty, although mine wasn't totally perfect - but that's because the duck I had for free at work earlier this week was better than today's duck. Yes, I'm totally spoiled.

After brunch, Christine and I walked around Pearl Street. I dragged her to my favorite paper store (I'd never bought anything there, which I rectified today in a big way), and then we went to the bookstore, where the four books I bought were eclipsed by the six that she picked up. Mine were all nonfiction that could serve as research for my young adult fantasy, which I now think I'm going to dive back into (more on that in a future post).

Then I came home, took care of some stuff around the house, and called my parents, who seemed to be doing well enough. Then I had a chat with my friend Kristen (Barbara's daughter), since we didn't get to catch up the last time I was in SF. And then I made supper (frittata with ham, potatoes, onions, and cheddar - pretty yummy), and I ate said supper while rereading my gargoyle situation. I also read what I'd written for SPINSTER HONEYMOON and found I liked it way more than I remembered...but I need to make some decisions and just commit to a project and start writing, since I can't keep dithering and doing nothing.

But now is not the time for writing - now I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments: