Tuesday, January 02, 2018

searching for my last shaker of salt

I have the worst headache tonight - I can't tell if it's from staring at screens all day, or from the altitude, or from dehydration, or something else. Whatever it is, I'm hoping that some sleep will make it all go away....

But today was a pretty decent first day back at work. I really didn't want to get up this morning, especially since I didn't have my car here (I'd left it at the office over break) and knew I was going to have to either lyft or walk over to get it. I ended up opting for a walk, and I chose to stop at the new building on the way - we just opened a new campus last month, and while my team wasn't one that moved, I'd heard great things about the new space.

And now that I've checked it out, I never want to work anywhere else. The cafe is on the fourth floor with a view of the mountains, so I ate breakfast while looking out over my new(ish) hometown. I also spent some quality time journaling, both personal and work, since that seemed like a good way to kick off my first work day back. And then I spent most of the day in the 'library', which has comfy chairs, a v. quiet vibe, and plenty of ambience for pleasant concentration. I powered through some emails and also got down to business on some stuff I need to get done this week, so that was all good.

But around 4pm I decided I had done enough, so I walked to my building and got my car, then went to Whole Foods to stock up on groceries since I'll be here for ten whole days before I leave again. When I got home, I made some chicken and sweet potatoes (something I used to make in SF before I started traveling) and took care of some writing business stuff that I'd been putting off. And then I watched a couple of episodes of Top Chef - I'm almost done with the season I'm watching (Charleston), which means as soon as I'm through with it, I can start watching the current season (taking place in Denver, so I'm eager to see what they decide to feature).

And now I need to sleep and hope my headache goes away - goodnight!

No comments: