Wednesday, January 03, 2018

lightning and the thunder (thunder)

I just realized I need to go to bed immediately - my first meeting is at 8am tomorrow, which feels cruel since I'm not really ready to be fully back into the swing of things. But today was decent, all in all - my first meeting was at 10, and I took it from home because I made myself breakfast first (scrambled eggs with spinach ([censored]'s favorite!), shallots, mushrooms, and crushed red pepper flakes), which was totally the right move. Then I went into the office - the convenience of being a seven minute drive from the office cannot be overstated. Once I got there, I mostly had meetings, but I was done a little before six - so I stopped at Whole Foods to pick up food before coming home and cooking.

Dinner was ribeye (happily, I didn't set off the smoke alarm - the only good way to cook ribeye on the stove is at high heat, which yields more smoke than one might wish to have in one's apartment) and green beans, and they were both pretty fucking delish - the steak turned out perfectly (helped along by some clarified butter at the end), and I tried a new green bean recipe that resulted in some v. delish, slightly/perfectly charred beans.

Then, however, I went deep into sloth - I did manage to trim my bangs and clean up the kitchen and put away some laundry, but otherwise I wasted several hours online. But tomorrow is another day, and it will be here all too soon, so it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: