Thursday, March 22, 2018

let me kick it like it's 1986

This week has been incredibly, brutally long - but I had a lot of fun last weekend and am going to have more this weekend, so I'm just rolling with it.

I got up at 6:30 this morning (unusual), was in the office by 7:30, and as I was walking down the hall, I dropped my keys. Of course, one of my old bosses (who was a director a decade ago and is now a bigshot VP) happened to be coming down the hall (he's in Boulder for some reason), and he just said 'get it together, Swampler!' in front of the other business-y types he was with, then kept walking. Lol.

That could have set a bad tone for the rest of the day, but all in all it was pretty positive. Summits, meetings, lunch with my boss, etc., etc....and then I was supposed to go to a happy hour, but I came home and relaxed for an hour instead. Then I went to a team dinner (yes, another one); we went to T|ACO, which should have named itself TACO because T|ACO is annoying to type into Google Maps when looking for directions.

But the food was tasty and the conversation at my table was super fun. I got home around 9:45, messed around for longer than I should have, and then worked for the past hour+. The slogging will get better as soon as I'm through with performance reviews (at least this part of performance reviews), but tomorrow's not looking so hot either....

But now it's time for bed. And finally, happy anniversary to my parents! Yay for getting married thirty-eight years ago!

No comments: