Saturday, March 31, 2018

you look like my next mistake

I'm really too tired to do today justice. I slept longer last night than any previous night for a couple of weeks - but that was enough to kick my body out of flight/or/flight mode, so I was a little lethargic getting ready (especially since I had to check out of my Mountain View hotel).

But it was all good - I had a couple of meetings, then had lunch with Tomas (who I worked with a few years ago; we shared a cube and a trip to Germany). I usually don't see old coworker friends because they all are scattered across a campus that is now miles long, but I made a point of clearing my calendar so I could go to his building in the afternoon and see him in person.

It's a bit weird going to those buildings right now - the light and feel is v. remimiscent of building connections like I did years ago, especially since I was in the building where I sat for the first six months oh so many years ago. But I made it through all the nostalgia, had an awesome lunch with Tomas, had a couple of meetings, said a too-brief hello to Joann, and met up with Eugene - so all in all it was great.

Then I drove to Belmont, where I hung out with the Shedletskys...and then I came to SF, checked into my hotel, and had dinner with Adit and Priyanka at Heirloom Cafe. It was super tasty, and the company in both cases was excellent...but you don't get any more because I'm falling asleep as I type. Goodnight!

No comments: