Tuesday, March 27, 2018

you don't know what it's like to be nameless

Another long day in San Francisco, but it was good despite that. I made it into the office in time for an eight a.m. meeting (after a lyft ride with a driver who was dealing with a lot of problems, which sounded pretty heartbreaking), then ate breakfast before having another day full of summit. I was done with meetings by 5:20, which was just in time for me to stroll across the street to the Ferry Building...

...where I had a drink and a snack with Katrina at Market Bar. Of course, I couldn't help but remember a v. boozy afternoon/evening there with Irish Matt ten years ago, but tonight was v. sedate - we caught up on life, and while we didn't have nearly enough time, at least we renewed the connection.

Then I came back to Japantown, accidentally took a nap, then came down to the bar and avoided alcohol but had another snack while doing some work. And now I need to go to my room, pack, and sleep - I have to get up super early to drive to Mountain View, so going to bed now would be a v. good idea. Goodnight!

No comments: