Wednesday, March 21, 2018

wolves without teeth

It's only ten p.m. and I have a million things I need to do, but instead I'm going to go to bed and dream the impossible dream that I'll actually get up in time to do stuff in the morning. Today was v. long, but v. interesting and mostly fun - I had meetings all day, but they were mostly enjoyable, and I had a fairly entertaining lunch at which we discussed horses and ukuleles, so it could be worse.

I left around 5:45 and picked up a blast from the past - my friend Tolu (of friendship renewal fame) is in town for this summit that has brought everyone and their mother into town, and so we had a long, leisurely dinner together. I hadn't seen him since before I went to Bali, which feels like a lifetime ago, so we had much to discuss. We went to Kitchen, which I really like, and we shared some tasty pork skewers, and then I had some gluten free pasta bolognese that was completely perfect. We lingered over tea after finishing our meals, since we had a lot to catch up on - it was great to see him, and hopefully I'll see him again sometime when I make it to the bay area.

But all good things must end (as he reminded me, when he told me that having kids has taught him that everything is impermanent), so I dropped him off at his hotel, came home, and realized I have absolutely no energy to do all my work tonight. So, it's time for bed instead - goodnight!

No comments: