Sunday, March 04, 2018

protect me from what i want

I had a v. hermity, v. productive (around the house, at least) kind of day. I awoke in leisure, but I decided that I didn't want to be lazy the whole day, so I made some coffee, sat at my desk, and answered some writing-type emails that I've been putting off. I then spent most of the day doing stuff around the house - laundry, finally moving my old entertainment console out of the way (where it's been for over three months), wrangling all the cords around my tv into submission, and wrapping some pretty paper around some shoeboxes so that I can store candles, remotes, cables, etc. in nice boxes on my media stand rather than having them out and jumbled up in plain sight.

I also went to the grocery store to buy stuff to eat for the next few days, since my fridge was dire. Then I called my parents, and then I made dinner - chicken tikka masala in my instant pot, along with cauliflower rice. It turned out pretty well - I'd marinated the chicken before calling my parents, and throwing stuff in the instant pot was easy. I don't think the flavor profile was exactly what I was looking for, but it was close enough for a first effort, and I can keep looking for other instant-pot type recipes for the future. And it was totally delicious enough that eating the leftover for the next two days won't be a hardship.

Then I read another RITA book - four down, two more to go. This one was merely okay, so I skimmed most of it - the guy kind of annoyed me, and the girl was a little too perfect (her only flaw was pushing too hard to get what she wants - ugh). But I've read a lot worse, so at least it wasn't terrible.

And now I should sleep - I managed not to work on day job stuff the entire weekend, but I will pay the price tomorrow (maybe). Goodnight!

No comments: