Sunday, March 11, 2018

let it out

Yesterday and today were both great, thanks for asking. Yesterday started with too much time at the day job (story of my life), but I left a little after four and went to Target. When I got there, there was an in-progress scuffle going on outside between a guy and some security guards - the guy broke free and ran away, and the crowd dispersed after that. I almost turned around and left, but the situation was over and I was desperate for shaving cream, so I went in anyway. But as I was pushing my cart away from the entrance, I idly thought that it was a good thing that my family didn't know I had voluntarily gone in after the guy disappeared...if he had happened to come back with a gun, at least my family wouldn't have known that I could have avoided it all, amirite?

sssanyway. After Target, I came home, did a bit of stuff around the house, and then packed up my journal and went to River and Woods (where Terry and I had brunch). I haven't really found a bar I could work for after-work writing shenanigans, but River and Woods is a distinct possibility. I really liked the wine I had, and the poutine with green chiles and short ribs was great (basically fries with cheese, spice, and meat - pretty hard to mess that up). I also journaled a lot and befriended the bartender, so all in all it was pretty winning (even if I was too tired to blog).

Today, I had grand plans to drive down to Colorado Springs to see my friend Barbara. I woke up later than I should have for that endeavor, and I really shouldn't have done anything but getting ready and walking out the door - but my place was a mess, so I tidied some stuff up before I left. The drive was pretty uneventful despite several accidents along the way.

And, of course, the best thing was seeing Barbara. Our meal was delicious, although our waitress was one of the most annoying servers I've been exposed to in awhile. But we had tons to catch up on, so we were there a couple of hours. It wasn't nearly long enough to cover everything, but it was great to get a start.

Then I stopped at Crate and Barrel on the way home and got some decorative stuff for my house + checked out possible chairs for my living room. When I finally got home, I spent some time putting the decorative stuff out where it's intended to be so that I wouldn't just leave the bags sitting in my kitchen for a week...so my living room now looks pretty great.

But I've been falling asleep while writing this, so I should go to bed for real - goodnight!

No comments: