Saturday, March 24, 2018

think i'll dust 'em off, put 'em back up on the shelf

I had another v. long day, but I ended it with relaxing on my couch and watching three episodes of Top Chef, so it could have been worse. I got up at 7:30 feeling like total death, and I barely made it into the office for my 8:30 meeting (I was five minutes late, but my coworkers are accommodating). Part of my delay was that I had to deal with a bunch of wet clothes - the thing that I didn't mention last night is that my dryer went out again last night when I started to dry some stuff, and it took my stove with it. This is the same thing that happened back in January. At the time, my landlord claimed that something must have happened in the neighborhood because it was all working fine when he came to check it out (and has been working since).

But now I'm convinced that it's electrical in the apartment, which means I'm also convinced that I'm going to die in some fiery hellscape. I flipped the breakers off last night, tried them again this morning just in case, but everything was still off (although it seems to be a 220 phase thing, since the oven/electronic display doesn't work but, oddly, the electric burners do). So I left and emailed my landlord, and hopefully he'll fix it while I'm gone.

sssanyway. I spent the day in a plethora of meetings, as per usual, and somehow forgot to eat lunch, which was a tragedy. I left at four, came home, had one more call, and then loaded up my wet laundry and went to Christine's house, where I did a load of laundry while we talked, ate takeout (chicken kebabs and some tasty hummus for me), and did some work stuff that we had to do together (some exercise where we evaluate other managers' evaluations of people, don't ask). This was much more fun to do together in a house rather than alone in conference rooms, so I'll take it (and my clean laundry) even if it was a weird way to spend Friday night.

Then I came home, folded my laundry, emptied my dishwasher, and watched three episodes of Top Chef: Colorado. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: