Saturday, March 03, 2018

you don't have to go home but you can't stay here

Today was delightful, all in all. I got nine hours of sleep and awoke to golden light - it was a perfect day in Boulder, with temps nearing seventy and birds chirping as though they no longer have to worry about winter. I had tentative brunch plans with Christine (one of my coworkers), but those materialized a bit later than I'd expected (in my SF life, brunch is around 10am; in her NYC life, brunch is after noon). That turned out great for me, since I listened to Weird Al Yankovic's 'Hamilton Polka' (a tour de force) and then walked down Pearl and had coffee and journaled at Boxcar. It might become 'my' coffeeshop (or at least one of them) - I don't really know how I've gone this long without finding my coffeeshops and brunch spots and wine bars, but it's time to settle in.

Then I met Christine at Snooze. It won't become my brunch place, only because the wait was an hour - but that gave us time to check out all the cute shops around it, so #noregrets. When we finally got a table, I discovered that the food was worth it - I had a 'benedict' with thick homemade corn tortillas, pulled pork, a green chile hollandaise, and poached eggs, along with some delish hashbrowns. I thought it was super yummy, and Christine and I had a leisurely conversation over food and coffee, and it was all great.

Then we wandered around Pearl Street a bit more - it was totally packed, since everyone was enjoying wandering around in tshirts and sandals. Then I came home, took a v. brief nap, and went to get a pedicure. I then spent the whole evening reading another RITA book - I didn't totally love it, but I didn't hate it, and so I'm now v. impressed that I've read three of my six books and actually liked/enjoyed all of them so far. We'll see if the streak continues - I need to read another one (or maybe two) tomorrow, so wish me luck with that.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: