Monday, March 05, 2018

monkey wrench

Today was a long day, but it wasn't a bad day...just a long one. I woke up this morning supremely unenthused about getting out of bed, but I managed to drag myself out in time to journal a bit before showering and going to work.

When I got there, I slogged all day - my big boss is in town this week and I had a meeting with her this afternoon that I needed to prep for, in addition to everything else I usually do. Also, she is apparently a bingo fiend and hosted a bingo party this afternoon in the office, which turned into a highly competitive, not-at-all-relaxing activity that involved doing six bingo squares at a time like we were all pro bingo players at an American Legion Hall. Yes, my life is strange.

Then I took care of a couple of brief things, came home, and skimmed another RITA book (it was cute!). Then I ate a belated supper of leftovers, and then I worked for a couple of hours - my self-assessment for our performance review cycle was due tonight, and since I refused to work this weekend, I had to do it now. But it's done, and now I can sleep - goodnight!

No comments: