Sunday, March 25, 2018

talking in my sleep at night, making myself crazy

I really wanted to be lazy today, and so I let myself indulge a little bit (mostly by sleeping in, drinking coffee, and journaling). But I couldn't be lazy forever - I had to catch a flight to SF tonight, which meant that I had to pack, run a bunch of errands, tidy up the house, etc., etc.

I made it to the airport in time to eat a burrito bowl and toss back a margarita - the margarita wasn't very good, but it was good enough to relax me during the inevitable scary turbulence getting out of Denver and over the mountains. I journaled a bit more on the flight, but mostly a dozed and played Sudoku. Then I retrieved my rental car, drove through sudden rain to San Francisco, checked into my hotel....and ran into none other than Can Sar, who was sitting in the lobby having a drink. I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months, but this was the first time that the bar was fully open - and it looks gorgeous (which is probably why the hotel prices are going up).

So, I talked to Can for a few minutes, then came upstairs, unpacked, messed around on the internet, and read a long, extraordinary article about two British spinster sisters who saved at least twenty-nine people from the Nazis (funded by one sister's career as a romance novelist). You should read it too. But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: