Thursday, March 08, 2018

look at this photograph

Today was great, all in all, although most of my socializing happened between 12pm and 6pm, and most of my work happened between 9pm and 12am. I went to work around 10, rocking a fun floral blouse thing from Rent the Runway (might as well look fabulous while I'm drowning in work, amirite?). I only had a couple of meetings + some lunch, and I had plenty of time to troll a coworker (my trolling was so effective that at least one of his direct reports was laughing so hard that they couldn't lift their head from their desk, so I consider that to be a great investment on my part), so that was all totally delightful.

Then, I spent the afternoon in an onsite/offsite with some other managers. I ended up in a small group with three women I really like, and we were doing some 'design thinking' exercise (ignore that, corporate-speak), and I ended up being the interviewee (more corporate-speak)...and the end result was that they discovered that I am a workaholic with few friends (few local friends - my California network is alive and well, but also not much use when it comes to drinking my champagne stockpile), so the problem they designed for was fixing my life. Lolol. Most of the possible solutions involved me getting a dog or getting a Colorado-themed tattoo or me running for mayor, but A for effort. However, they all volunteered to be my friend, and while that might sound pathetic, they all seem to be in need of friends as well, so I'll take it.

Then, after getting pulled into a prank involving another coworker, I had happy hour with my team. I didn't have a drink because the place only has beer and no cider/wine, but the group has pretty great chemistry and a lot of fun, so it was v. entertaining. Then I grabbed a gluten free pizza, came home, opened a bottle of wine, and watched the final two episodes of the Top Chef: Charleston season that I'd been putting off watching (yes, I cried, I can't help myself). And then I worked for a couple of hours. And now I must sleep - goodnight!


No comments: