Friday, November 16, 2018

all emptiness and infinite

Too much work, not enough fun. That has been the story of this year...but that's not entirely fair. The reality is that my work and my fun are almost entirely separate, rather than achieving a harmonious blend - when I'm having fun, I'm all in on fun (like going away for a weekend, or doing some marathon of friend catchups while in SF), and while I'm working, I'm all in on work. This week is an 'all in on work' week, which is making my back tense and my heart sad. It's likely that the only thing keeping me sane is that I actually like my coworkers - so work can feel fun, even when, by definition, it's work.

sssanyway. I got to the office a little after nine and had meetings pretty much straight through until five, with a thirty minute break in there to answer emails and grab a sandwich. Then I ran a couple of errands, came home, ate the last of my leftover soup (it was so fucking good, I still highly recommend), took a nap, did a bit of nothing...and then had an 8:30pm meeting with some people in Asia that then led to me working until midnight.

But I'm glad I accomplished what I accomplished, and now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: