Saturday, November 24, 2018

the human touch is what i need

I had a fairly productive day, all in all, despite the fact that I woke up at four a.m. overheating and having what seemed like an anxiety fever dream (I put my heaviest comforter on my bed last night, which was a mistake, and for some reason woke up at four a.m. sweating and thinking of overdue expense reports and slides for work weirdly conflated with the fact that I haven't written a book this year or met the love of my life....this is not a good combo of thoughts to wake up to in the middle of the night, obvi).

But I managed to go back to sleep, then get up in time to run an errand this morning. After that, I went to Boxcar, where I ate lunch and had coffee while writing for an hour. Then I came home, threw in some laundry, messed around for a bit, took a brief nap, and then dragged myself back out of the house to get a mani/pedi. When that errand was accomplished, I went to the grocery store to load up on food for the week (Whole Foods was as calm as I've ever seen it - most people other than me probably still have leftovers).

Then I came home, tidied up my kitchen, put away my groceries, ate some supper, and spent the last couple of hours messing around with database software. I have a database of Regency research that I haven't really updated or used much in the last few years - I did a bunch of research for my first series, but my second series required less research (and the research I did ended up stored in Scrivener rather than in a database, which was good enough). However, I've been reading a lot of medieval history in case I ever get back into the young adult book, and that stuff could benefit from a database since it's all complex and interwoven.

So, I got my software going again (it's been so long that it wasn't even installed on my latest laptop, which is almost three years old), restored my old database, and am back in business. Yes, this was a v. fun, youthful way to spend a Saturday night. But now that I'm done with that, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: