Sunday, November 04, 2018

I'm high as a kite, I'll come down in a couple of days

I slept for almost nine hours last night, but it wasn't enough to fix the damage from this week's massive overextension of my extrovert side + the stress of everything that had to get done. But I made it up and out of Veronica's in time to have breakfast (don't call it brunch) with John and Jess and Ian at Saul's, our usual place in the East Bay. It was incredible how much Ian has changed since I last saw him - he's talking a ton now, and he called me Auntie Wamp, so that was exciting. John and Jess were good too, and Saul's was at great as always, so it was a good morning.

Then I drove to Burlingame, where I grabbed some Philz, mailed some stuff home to myself, and then had lunch with Barbara and Anne. The food was mediocre, but the company was excellent - we caught up and started planning dates for a retreat, so I'm hoping we do something warm this winter.

After we parted ways, I dropped off my rental car and went to the airport early - I briefly considered driving to the beach, but I was way too tired. So I went into the airport absurdly early, had some wine and some food, and generally tried not to fall asleep before my flight was called (tricky, since it was delayed an hour).

But the flight was uneventful - I got upgraded and slept the whole way, which made my after-midnight drive tolerable. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: