Monday, November 05, 2018

if you only hold me tight

I woke up this morning feeling relatively chipper. Then I went to the office, said hello to someone, and discovered that my voice was gone. Like, super gone - and inexplicably, since my voice was fine yesterday. If I was going to lose it, I should have lost it last week during the event - so losing it now wasn't a good sign.

I thought it was just a fluke, but by afternoon I was feeling distinctly unwell. Sadly, I had to stick it out because I was on a career panel (where I am sure I sounded ridiculous due to the voice). I eventually came home, with a stop at the grocery store to load up on soup, and then spent a couple of hours watching Queer Eye and pretending that I was relaxing.

Sadly, I had a couple of calls with Hyderabad tonight - I didn't feel like skipping since I've been putting all of this off for weeks due to the event, so I wanted to get it done. But I've cleared my calendar for the morning and am going to sleep as much as possible tonight - goodnight!

No comments: