Monday, November 19, 2018

it always burned up there before

I have nothing of interest to report today - although I did start off with a call with Ritu, whom I hadn't caught up with in forever, so that was v. exciting. I would have preferred to keep talking to her forever, but unfortunately I had to work today - I decided to take tomorrow and Wednesday off, but I was working today and actually wanted to get through some stuff.

So, I worked, took some meetings, worked some more, etc. By five p.m. I was ready to be done, so [censored] and I drove to Chariton to have supper with my sister and my niece at the Mexican restaurant up there. The food was actually pretty good - I had enchiladas, as usual, but they were v. tasty and I thought the chips and beans were good. I also ordered a margarita that came in a goblet that felt like it was the size of a pitcher, which was rather surprising - an $8 margarita in southern Iowa will put you under the table, apparently.

But the food was good and it was good to see my sister and niece, so #noregrets. We came home after, and I fell asleep a bit in the car (sorry, [censored]), but woke up when we stopped at the grocery store. Then we actually got home and talked to our parents for a bit - they had gone to a visitation without us, then were discussing train stuff, so we caught up on all of that.

But I still had work to do tonight - I had a call with some people in Asia from 9:30-10:30pm my time, and then I did a bit more work to close some stuff out. But my out of office responder is on my email, and I'm going to close my laptop and try not to open it again until I leave.

And now it's time for bed - after saying happy birthday to my father, who celebrated today by going to a visitation and eating leftovers (birthdays just aren't the same when you get older, I guess). Happy birthday, Dad! Goodnight!

No comments: