Sunday, November 11, 2018

world serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed

I am definitely not ready to go back to work, but I suppose that's what I'll have to do when the sun comes up. Today was a good mix of self-care and housework - I awoke to a tremendous amount of snow (I think we got 10+ inches last night and today), so I really didn't have any desire to leave the house. I had to suit up and go, though, because I had a massage appointment. It was a few blocks away on Pearl, so I walked rather than navigating the potentially hazardous parking situation - luckily I've invested in waterproof boots, so the walk was kind of fun despite the fact that it was snowing like crazy the whole time.

My massage ended up being wonderful - my neck and shoulder actually stopped hurting, which was a real win. They've been better the last couple of weeks than they were when they flared up last month, but they feel pretty good right now, so I hope I don't fuck it all up by spending too much time scrolling on my phone like I usually do. Then I came home, did a bunch of laundry, and called my parents - I'll see them next weekend, but we still had to catch up today because it's the tradition.

Then I made dinner - a v v tasty chicken and wild rice soup in my instant pot. This was a different recipe than the one I tried last winter, and I liked this one better - this one had bacon, which is always a good thing, and I was able to substitute gluten free flour for the thickener with no ill effects. While it was cooking, I talked to [censored], who I will also see next weekend. Then I ate my soup, folded clothes, made my bed with freshly laundered sheets, and did a tiny bit of day job stuff to get a jump on tomorrow.

And now I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: