Monday, November 12, 2018

spin above my head and make it right

I awoke to discover that it had snowed even more overnight, so I chose to take some of my meetings from home in hopes that the sun would come out and making scraping my car easier. When I left at noon, the scraping wasn't all that bad - there wasn't a layer of ice under the snow, so that was easy, but it's not easy for someone whose arms are as short as mine to shove a foot of snow off the windshield. But I succeeded, got to the office in time for lunch, and spent the afternoon taking more meetings.

It wasn't all bad, though; one of those meetings was a farewell for Alice, who is moving to London. I am v. v. sad about this (but happy for her because I'm not a monster)...and really, it's okay, because she's staying on my team, which means a) we'll still work together and b) now I have an excuse to visit London once or twice a year. But we had a team meeting that we turned into a surprise celebration for her, replete with champagne in SF and cider in BLD...but I guess I am a monster, because then I cut off the celebration after fifteen minutes so we can brainstorm. Oops.

sssanyway. After that was over, I went out for dinner with the other Alice on my team - we went to Verde, where I had a margarita and my usual enchiladas and we just hung out for awhile. Then I came home, watched some HGTV, and did a few mindless work tasks. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: