Wednesday, November 14, 2018

hold the wheel and drive

I had a rather long day - some work stuff was annoying me, so I woke up thinking about it, and it kind of soured my morning. I recovered, though, especially because I had sushi for lunch today (this is the one day of the month when they bring in a local sushi restaurant to make sushi, and everyone goes wild). I ended up staying until six, and then I came home, messed around the house, reheated and ate some chicken and wild rice soup (still delish), and spent too much time playing on the internet.

I forced myself to take a break from screens for a bit and read a chapter of THE SILK ROADS, which remains fascinating even though I'm plodding through it with the speed of a caravan on the actual silk road. Then, unfortunately, I had to do about an hour of work for a last-minute presentation that I had to prep for tomorrow.

But now I'm going to go to bed early and try to avoid my phone in bed so that I can get a full eight hours of sleep - goodnight!

No comments: