Saturday, November 10, 2018

you make a mess of me, i'd dance a thousand steps for you

I had an incredibly lazy day... So lazy that even I'm almost ashamed of my sloth rather than accepting it as a #treatyoself moment. I started off pretty well, since I made hash for breakfast (way more effort than eating yogurt). It was delicious - sweet potatoes, yellow pepper, onion, sausage, and a couple of poached eggs on top. If anything, it was a little too sweet - i might use a spicier sausage next time to cut the sweetness. But it was a very tasty start to the day.

Then I descended into inertia, to the point that I took a nap to take a break from doing nothing. But I eventually showered and drove into Denver, where I had dinner with Kristen (Barbara's daughter, who I recruited for my team a few months ago). Since we started working together we haven't socialized much outside of work, but it was really great to see her and spend a couple of hours pretending we're just friends and talking about all the life stuff we don't talk about in the office. We went to Duo, which neither of us had been to before - it was really cute, perhaps a bit pricey for Denver, but I thought the food was tasty, and obviously the company was great.

But now I need to sleep since I havea very hard day tomorrow - I'm getting a massage, and it's also snowing, so obviously tomorrow will be super (read: not at all) stressful. Goodnight!

No comments: