Friday, November 30, 2018

don't wanna touch you but you're under my skin

Sorry for not blogging last night - yesterday was a decent day at work, I guess, since I spent the last ninety minutes of it hanging out at TGIF (TGIF is now on Thursdays, and yes it's weird) and drinking wine with some coworkers. I was recently named the 'site champion' for my group in Boulder, which some people tried to convince me means I'm obligated to hang out more because it's "good for culture"...and I'm not going to argue with them when it means drinking wine instead of working, even if the wine was too sweet.

But when I got home last night, I had a couple of hours to relax, then I had calls with India from 9-10, and then I worked until midnight. Luckily I didn't have to get up super early today, but my time in the office was a ridiculous slog...I was booked straight from 10:30-4, which meant I had to be late to a meeting just to grab a salad on the way. But I left at five, dropped my car off at home, and then went to River and Woods, where my favorite bartender (Lauren) was working. So I sidled up to the corner of the bar and spent a few hours drinking wine, eating poutine, talking to Lauren, journaling a bit, and reading some of a book that I picked up at the Boulder Bookstore a few months ago ('The Third Horseman: Climate Change and the Great Famine of the 14th Century'). Then I came home and was utterly useless since I was too tired from the week to do anything.

And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: