Sunday, November 04, 2018

every now and then i fall apart

I'm exceedingly glad to be home, even though I got nothing done today - or perhaps especially because I got nothing done today. I slept in, then dragged myself out of bed in an attempt to be productive, which was mostly a failure. At some point I realized I was starving, so I walked over to River and Woods and had a breakfast sandwich and some coffee (unfortunately today's coffee was awful for some reason, but the sandwich was tasty). Then I ran a couple of quick errands to pick up packages at my office and buy some coffee beans, and I sat at the coffee place for a bit and journaled (with another cup of bad coffee - I like their beans, but did not like the cafe au lait I got). It's no wonder I had a headache all day, since I just realized all of my coffee was bad and therefore unfinished.

Then I came home and took a nap because I could. I also talked to my parents, and I should have called [censored] after that...but by the time I had finished talking to my parents and eaten some peanut butter (not what I wanted for supper, but better than leaving the house), I had somehow completely forgotten that I had intended to do that. Instead, I took a bubble bath, watched some Queer Eye, and the did a couple of hours of research into the Boulder / Colorado ballot to determine who / what to vote for. My ballot is now filled out - I just have to drop it off tomorrow or Tuesday, and then block off my calendar for Tuesday afternoon/evening to watch the results alone with a bottle of wine and my thoughts. Sounds fun, right?

But now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: