Thursday, November 22, 2018

i'm high as a kite i just might stop to check you out

[censored] wanted me to make sure I documented the fact that [censored] won [censored] [censored] out of [censored] times that we played this week. And now the fact shall live on forever!

Today was Thanksgiving, and while it was not the best Thanksgiving I've ever had, I guess it wasn't the worst. The worst was probably the one I spent on campus my sophomore year, which involved going to the dining hall and eventually Jack in the Box with Angela....so we have quite a ways to go before hitting that nadir. But today was pretty lazy, all in all. We went into town to the community Thanksgiving, which my grandparents started forty-some years ago. We took Gram, and it was all horribly depressing, since she barely knows us and definitely doesn't know almost anyone else. I also blew her mind when she asked what year I was in in college and I told her I was thirty-seven. Of course, by the time she called my dad tonight, she didn't remember that she'd been out - but taking her was the right thing to do, so c'est la vie, I guess.

Then we came home, I took a long nap, my niece came out with her kids for a bit (I did manage to beat a nine-year-old at Jenga and Connect Four, even if I can't beat [censored] at [censored]), and after she left we played a couple of games and ate leftovers from yesterday's Thanksgiving Lite. And now I need to sleep, since I have to get up tomorrow in time to shower, pack, and have breakfast before heading to the airport. Goodnight!


[editor's note: it was Ticket to Ride, and [censored] won four times out of five. gross.]

No comments: