Saturday, November 17, 2018

weapons in hand as we go for a ride

Today was another crazy day at work. It started well enough, since there were some tasty eggs benedict with a great chipotle hollandaise sauce... But I had meetings straight until 4:30, with time to grab a very sad ham sandwich for lunch, so it was all a little much.

But then I came home, tidied up my house, and changed just in time for Katie's arrival. She came up to Boulder for a very delightful girls night out - we went to Upstairs, which is the cocktail lounge/restaurant above The Kitchen (my favorite restaurant in Boulder). I hadn't been to Upstairs before, but it was pretty great - the vibe was peak Boulder, the drinks were awesome, and we had some delicious food (especially some Korean chicken and a cast iron pizza, which was definitely not gluten free but I have no regrets).

Katie very graciously listened to me vent about my job for quite awhile, and we continued over another drink at License No 1 in the basement of the Boulderado. Then we came home and talked until after midnight, and now she's safely ensconced in my guest room in an interesting reversal of our usual nights together.

But now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: