Friday, November 23, 2018

got a machinehead

I'm back in Boulder after a too-quick trip to ye olde Iowa. I woke up this morning in time to be much more leisurely than usual about getting out of the house - it helped that I hadn't overpacked for this trip, so throwing things back in my bag was a breeze. I had breakfast with my parents and [censored], did a bit of online stuff (it's Black Friday, which is the main holiday of the year for my acquisitive heart) and then said my farewells to southern Iowa. I'll be back in a month, but I really wasn't ready to go....

...but I had to, so let's move on. My parents took me to the airport and dropped me at the curb, and I continue to marvel at how efficient DSM is - I was upstairs and through security in five minutes, leaving plenty of time to grab some iced coffee before boarding my flight. I wish every airport made it so easy. Of course, it helps that there are only a handful of gates, so walking to the gate isn't the endless march that it is in Denver, but still, I like it.

I alternated between reading (THE SILK ROADS, of course), napping, and actually writing for about an hour (I know, I'm shocked too). After we landed, I moved quickly through the airport, found my car, and drove home, where my apartment was only sixty degrees and I had no groceries. So, I took myself out for a very early dinner at Pizzeria Locale, where I actually tried a new pizza (shocking, since I always get the same thing), chatted up the bartender, and read a couple of chapters of a book about the Knights Templar. I'm not done with THE SILK ROADS, but I was feeling like picking up something else, so I went in the Templars' direction instead. I had an idea for the gargoyle book while I was on the plane, so I figured doing some more reading in that vein isn't a bad idea even if I'm not sure it's what I want to work on at the moment.

Then I came home, played a bit of Civilization, then realized I was too tired to play Civ, so sat on my couch and did nothing for a bit. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: