Sunday, March 24, 2019

erin go bragh

I'm in Dublin after a thoroughly uneventful trip - it was all slightly miserable since I forgot to put on compression socks and am apparently an old person now, but it could have been worse. We were almost an hour early landing in Dublin, so I made it to my hotel by 10:30am, which was too soon for a room.

I should have gone out and done tourist stuff, but I used to live here and had no need to do anything specific...so I sat at the hotel restaurant and had breakfast, then read in the restaurant, then read in the lobby, then read in bed in my room, then read over dinner. I started this amazing series (which starts with SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo) on the plane last night, and it was so amazing that I devoured three books in approximately twelve hours. Yes, this is insane, even for me. And maybe I should go back and reread the stuff I basically inhaled. But it felt so great to indulge my inner bookworm after months of starving her - and it made me want to crawl into the vast pile of books I haven't read and lose myself there forever.

However, at some point I was seriously dehydrated and also hungry, so I came downstairs, ate dinner, and finished the last book (which made me the weird single lady wiping away tears, but luckily I have no shame). I then did a couple of hours of day job stuff while sitting in the lobby bar. And now I need to try to force myself to sleep so that I can wake up and go to the office tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: