Friday, March 08, 2019

that's why they call me mr fahrenheit

I had a perfect day off today, which was exactly what I needed. I didn't get quite enough sleep last night, but I got enough to avoid the worst effects of last night's rose. When I got up, I showered, had some coffee with Veronica's husband, and then did a couple of work things before shutting my laptop for the day. I then chatted with Veronica for a couple of hours - it's never enough, but it was great to get some quality time with her.

At eleven, I left V's house and drove to my old neighborhood to have brunch at Caffe Union. Tony was happy to see me, and I was happy to go there on a weekday - usually I'm only in town on the weekend, when he's too busy to talk. I hung out in the kitchen with him and watched him cook while we talked for half an hour or so, and then he made me my usual huevos rancheros, which I ate while sitting at the bar and talking to Lori (one of the servers - I am friends with her and Tony on Instagram so I have a few glimpses into their lives, but it's not the same as seeing them in person every week).

So that was a delightful way to start the day, and would have made the day memorable no matter what else I did. But the fun didn't stop there - I drove up to Sonoma and met the Shedletskys at Gloria Ferrer. We sat on the patio and drank sparkling wine, and it was a perfect day for it since it will probably rain tomorrow. When we left there, we drove to Calistoga - we have grand plans for wine tomorrow, so it should be a good weekend.

We had dinner at Solbar, which I'd been to once before, and it more than lived up to expectations. And now it's not quite ten, but I would love to get nine hours of sleep, so I think I'll tuck myself in early. Goodnight!

No comments: