Friday, March 08, 2019

there doesn't seem to be anyone around

I'm safely ensconced in Veronica's guest room, which is so much better than the place I stayed in Mountain View that it almost feels like the Four Seasons.

I slept okay last night because the night before was so laughably bad that I was too exhausted to stay awake all night. That was a good thing, since I had a presentation to my VP's boss this morning, and I had to get up early enough to shower, please, drive to the office, prep, and have breakfast before the meeting. Luckily, I accomplished all of this, and the presentation went really well - which may, as these things go, result in more work in the long run, but for today was a victory.

I then spent the rest of the day meeting with people I liked, and I left at 4:30 to drive to SF. I spent the night hanging out with V - she made a tasty green curry in her instant pot, and we drank two bottles of rose and gossiped for six hours, so that was all so so delightful. This kind of night is something I miss about living in SF... But I can't let myself get tempted, because I don't miss the microcilantro, which is something I would have to eat all the time if I were living in the decadence that comes with the fall-of-Rome vibe of San Francisco.

sssanyway... Now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: