Tuesday, March 05, 2019

take me back to constantinople

I'm in the shittiest hotel I've ever stayed in in Mountain View, which is still costing my company $240/night because that's how economics works here. I got up early enough to write this morning before work, which was a minor miracle. Then I went into the office, had a meeting, then had coffee with Tomas and Dave (the coworker who sat next to me in my old job, whom I haven't seen in like three years). Dave was in town for something and had set up time with me and Tomas, so we hung out for an hour - not a terrible break from the grind, but probably not the most useful thing I could have done today.

Then I had more meetings, had lunch with Alice, and drove to the airport, where my flight was delayed by three hours due to wind in SF. So I got quite a bit of work done at the airport and on the plane. And now I should sleep - goodnight!

No comments: