Monday, March 04, 2019

now it's turkish delight on a moonlit night

I started my week off on the right foot this morning, since I actually wrote before work. I'd been in it to win it during my writing retreat, but then Uncle Mark died and I spent a week in Iowa for that, and then I spent the three weeks after that trying in vain to catch up after being out for two weeks. But there are glimmers of light at the end of the tunnel - it's probably rescuers tunneling towards me who are going to accidentally collapse the tunnel on top of me rather than pulling me out, but I'm going to hope for the best.

So I wrote before work, then went into the office, did a bit of work while eating breakfast, made yet another presentation to my VP and her directors (my team and I are getting pretty good at pulling slides together quickly, and this one went well), then had a mix of meetings + more time to get stuff done. I ended up staying at the office until seven in an attempt to get through some email backlog, but I was only moderately successful. So I came home, ate some leftovers, and packed my suitcase - I'm headed to California for a few days, which should be stressful at first and hopefully delightful later.

And now I'm going to go to bed so that I can hopefully write before work and still make it to the office on time in the morning - goodnight!

No comments: