Sunday, March 17, 2019

don't pick up the phone

I had a delightful weekend, but unfortunately it's back to the grind tomorrow. Friday I was too dead to do much of anything personally; I was at the office until almost six to finish some stuff, and then I came home and crashed. But yesterday I rallied and was as social as possible - I got up in time to have a video call w/Terry, whom I hadn't talked to in forever, and then took care of some stuff around the house before driving down to Castle Rock to have lunch with Aunt B. We went to Pegasus, which is the same place I went to with Barbara a couple of weeks ago, and it was v. tasty. Then we went back to her house and I packed up some inheritance for me and [censored] (Drewbaby wasn't cut out, he just has no interest in china or glassware, which is odd). We also went to a liquor store so that I could use my extensive expertise (or rather, my liver's extensive expertise) to help her get some wine for the rest of her time here.

Then I drove up to Denver, where I had dinner with Katie, James, and their girls - we went to Marcella's, which was pretty tasty (although my pasta was the weakest dish of the night; I would blame the gluten free pasta, but it tasted like they didn't cook the onion or garlic in my carbonara, which made it trend slightly more toward disgusting than I would have liked). However, the rest of the food was really good, so I'd go back and try something else. After we ate, James took the girls home, and Katie and I walked to Lady Jane, where we had a couple of cocktails and went deep on life. I hadn't been there before, but the cocktails were delightful - and of course, Katie's company is always a winner.

When we were done, we walked to her house, where we hung out in the guest room and talked to James for awhile before it was bedtime. I slept reasonably well and woke up this morning without a hangover (rare for my nights with Katie, since I have trouble pacing myself when the conversation is flowing)...but I still stuck around to con James into getting breakfast burritos for us. Then I came home (with a quick stop to run an errand at Nordstrom), showered, messed around for a bit, and went into the office in an attempt to get something done (mostly unsuccessfully - I really didn't feel like working today).

I also talked to my parents, who seemed to be doing better than usual thanks to the fact that the sun was shining and the snow had melted off for the first time in decades. And I took care of my rather dire laundry situation - I'd been keeping up with laundry but had not been keeping up with putting it away, which is super rare for me (and probably the clearest sign of all that I was vaguely depressed since Uncle Mark died, since I never leave overflowing piles of clean clothes lying all over my floor/guest room/living room). I also made avocado toast, then talked to a coworker for like forty minutes (not an emergency but also not something that could wait since it's in relation to a meeting I have tomorrow morning). I should have done more work tonight, but it didn't really happen - which means I should sleep now so I can hit it hard tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: