Thursday, March 28, 2019

it wasn't meant for you

I had a long, amazing day in Dublin - the day started with some time to do some actual work, followed by a whole bunch of meetings. But I left a bit before six, and I went to the Bath (for the second time in three days) to attend leaving drinks for an old coworker whose last day at the company happened to be today. Nina and I worked together on books many years ago, and we happened to cross paths again on this stint, and now she's leaving to go to another tech company in Dublin. So it was great that I happened to be here for her going away, even if I should have gone to bed hours ago.

So I was there for awhile, and then Chris, Alice and I had dinner at a tapas place near the city center, which was delightful. By the time I got back to the hotel it was after eleven, and I *really* should have slept - but my old friend Jane (even older friend than Nina, since Jane and I are part of the original friendship renewal crew from 2003) happens to be in Dublin despite also working in the US, and is also staying at the same hotel. So we had a late drink and an awesome/deep/meaningful catch up, all of which was v necessary despite keeping me up way past my bedtime.

Now, though, I really must sleep so I can get up and pack and work tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: