Wednesday, March 27, 2019

the badmintons

I had another day of summiting, which ended in a presentation to my VP and all her coterie of directors (because I can't go a month without presenting to them, apparently). Luckily, the presentation went super well despite being a crazy big project that my team is now kicking off. And so I felt like celebrating tonight (in the way that people party hard in every war movie before shipping out in the morning, although it's probably super offensive for me to compare my usual office politics to actually flesh-and-blood warfare).

Luckily, I was able to leave at 5:30 to have a team dinner at Bastible. The food was incredible - it was a set menu, but they accommodated my gluten issue well. I didn't eat the crab thing they brought to start, but another snack was chicken thigh, which was yummy. The first course was mackerel, and it was somehow light and fresh and perfect even though it's a trash fish. The second course was asparagus, and I hate asparagus more than anything, but it was somehow great too (and with an interesting egg salad type garnish underneath). I had lamb for the third course, and I don't like lamb but really liked this. And the fourth course was a "floating island" of meringue that was absolutely perfect (and a replacement for the gluten-filled cheesecake).

Given that I actually disliked components of three of the dishes, I was stunned by how well I liked the meal. I also had a super fun time with my team, which continued with a drink at the Bleeding Horse.

But all good times must end, and I have work tomorrow, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: