Saturday, March 30, 2019

the power of love

I had a fantastic day in London... But it's also the time change here tonight, and so it's suddenly three am and I have to meet my group at 10:30 tomorrow. However, today was great - I woke up feeling like I had a cold, so I should probably see a doctor given that this feels like a chronic sinus issue. But I rallied, had brunch with Chris and Alice at Sketch, walked around with them, and then ditched them to go see the Wallace Collection (an awesome museum in an old townhouse). I also wandered around Mayfair and got inspired to write, and then came back to the hotel and took a nap.

Tonight required more rallying on my part - I met Kristen and we went to 12:51 to have dinner with Alice, Chris, and Alice's friends. The food was outstanding, and ending there would have been super classy. But we aren't classy... So we went to a tiki bar (amazing - I had a zombie drink and something called a Thai swizzle, and they were both great), and then we did private room karaoke. And now, after all that fun I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: