Wednesday, March 06, 2019

run boy run, this world is not made for you

I slept terribly last night - this is really an awful hotel, so much so that I told my boss I'm never staying somewhere like this again just to stay under our travel cap. Since I'm usually relatively frugal with corporate travel (as opposed to my own travel), this may have surprised her. But I'm hoping I get some sleep tonight - last night I'd had too much wine during my endless delay in Denver, and also too much caffeine, and also did too much work and so my thoughts were racing.

I dragged myself out of bed sometime after six, and was in the office by 7:30. I worked straight through, no breaks, until five. Then I took an excursion to the San Jose airport - I didn't feel comfortable renting a car last night due to my moderate but steady and l wine consumption, so I took lyfts yesterday and today. But I get super carsick as a passenger in traffic, so I decided it was worth it to pick up a car today so that I don't have to get myself to the city in a vomitmobile tomorrow.

Then I came back to mountain view, called Aunt Kathy, and had dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant. And now it's only 9:17 but I'm going to go to bed - I need to be sharp tomorrow, and I hope sleep will do the trick. Goodnight!

No comments: