Sunday, March 10, 2019

it's a long long long way down

I'm back in Boulder after a perfectly uneventful day - I awoke this morning feeling the effects of yesterday's wine extravaganza, but I made it out of bed and was showered and packed by 9:15 (no thanks to the time change). Shedletskys and I had breakfast in Calistoga before parting ways, and then I drove to SFO and caught a flight several hours earlier than planned. This was great since it meant I got into Denver at 6:30pm instead of 9:30pm, which will make tomorrow a lot better.

But my trip was great - it was a really nice weekend, and I had fun hanging out with my friends. We went to Duckhorn and Grgich Hills yesterday, both of which I love. We had an impromptu lunch at Brasswood, where I had a perfect meatball on top of some polenta, which was great for a rainy day. We also stopped at Flora Springs just because we could, and reminisced about stopping there when I did my birthday wine bus years ago.

Dinner last night was a little over the top - we went to Auberge, which has a (deserved) Michelin star. Their wagyu beef was perfect, and I pretended not to have a gluten issue, which made today bad but meant that yesterday gifted me with an amazing chocolate dessert that I can't even describe properly. Of course, I came home tonight and ate peanut butter, which is almost as good, but my ambience was somewhat lacking.

And now it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: