Thursday, November 21, 2019

purple hat

It's after midnight, which is the latest I've stayed up in several nights, and my body is not happy that I've rediscovered this feat. I spent this morning doing an entirely unusual thing (for me, anyway) - we had a leadership activity that involved three hours of horse therapy. This did not actually mean riding the horses - it was mostly hanging out with them and trying to get them to do stuff by activating our cores and sending energy, etc. This was weirdly interesting and useful, since our group dynamics were definitely on display - and it was nice to get out of the office, even if my feet were freezing by the end of it.

I'm not explaining it well, but I'm too tired - because as soon as it was over, we came back to the office and I worked / sat in meetings for another six hours. I was going to go home at five, but traffic was a nightmare because it had snowed half an inch and most of the recent transplants had panicked and left their offices all at once. So I stuck around, kinda did work, and then had dinner with Doris and Tom since they were still in town. By the time I left them, my commute was down to its ideal 35min, so sitting around was probably #worthit.

Unfortunately, though, I had to work for the last three hours (with a 15min nap and a break to paint my toenails) on some stuff that absolutely had to get done for tomorrow. So now I'm going to go to bed and get approx six hours of sleep before doing some of this (but not the horse part) again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: