Sunday, November 03, 2019

if i could just exist without you

I had a pretty nice day, all in all - I didn't do nearly enough around the house, but that's the way it usually works. I laid in bed and did nothing for far longer than I should have, although I did eventually pull out my laptop and do some journaling. Then I got ready to seize the day...which meant trimming my bangs, putting on a face mask, and then showering and putting on makeup before leaving the house.

My first and really only plan was to have brunch with Morganne - she drove down from Boulder and we met at Duo, which is about a thirty minute walk from my house. The walk over was nice, and seeing Morganne was even better. Also, I'd only been to Duo for dinner before and thought it was a bit too pretentious then, but I liked brunch a lot - it may be one of my new favorite go-tos. It felt a bit more whimsical, with mismatched coffee cups and placemats printed with 'recipes' from small children (most of which would cause food poisoning, like mine that suggested baking the chicken for five minutes before covering it in ketchup and 'enjoying'). And my skillet with brisket and potatoes and scrambled eggs was pretty much perfect.

So, seeing Morganne was fun - we've known each other off and on since 2008 and now we're on the same team again, so we had many tings to discuss. When we were done, I walked over to Katie's and stole my car from where I'd left it last night, and then went on a bit of a scavenger hunt - I'm on the lookout for some furniture pieces to complete my house. I started at Mid Mod Market, which has a lot of midcentury modern stuff - they had some really cool pieces, but I only walked away with some tiki shot glasses that I absolutely didn't need. Then I tried a few antique stores on South Broadway, and then I went to more of a home decor store south of there in a neighborhood I never go to - that store was super cute, but by that point I was feeling too indecisive to buy anything other than a candle. But hopefully I can make some progress so that I start to feel totally settled.

Then I came home, took a brief nap, called my parents, and contemplated doing nothing for the rest of the night. But I couldn't do nothing - I had a lot of personal stuff piling up. So I spent a couple of hours doing financial and other boring tasks - I took care of a rather annoying issue related to my 2016 taxes, and everything is printed and ready to go (but whether I can bring myself to darken the door of a post office remains to be seen). I also did a couple of hours of day job work, because that's what had to happen. And now I'm going to go to bed and hope that the week gets off to a good start - goodnight!

No comments: