Wednesday, November 06, 2019

even in a hurricane of frowns

I'm back in ye olde Iowa after a v busy day. I got up early and scrambled like mad to take out the trash, clean out the fridge, do dishes, shower, pack, and also do a meeting for work. This was almost five hours straight of effort, so it's no wonder I slept for the whole plane ride.

But before the plane, I had to put air in my tires, and then get to the airport and through security. I made it in time for my customary margarita and burrito bowl at Cantina Grill, and I did a bit of work there. Then when I got to Des Moines, I found a quiet seat and did another ninety minutes of work while waiting for family stuff to begin.

Eventually Aunt B and Uncle B picked me up and we went to Johnny's for dinner. Aunt Kathy was already there, and my parents showed up pretty much on time despite hitting a deer on the way up there. We had a lovely dinner with our favorite waiter, so it was worth going.

But now I'm in bed and falling asleep with my phone, so it's time to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: