Sunday, November 24, 2019

take it all back

I had a lovely day in ye olde Iowa. I spent the morning drinking coffee in my pajamas, which is something I haven't done in ages - it may not be my own house or my own coffeemaker, but it's my own pajamas and coffee I brought with me, so it'll do. Eventually, I threw on some clothes and went on an adventure with my dad - he's contemplating taking some oak trees off a neighbor's hands, which is possible since my dad has a tree spade and the neighbor has a bunch of oak saplings chilling on the edge of his field. So we drove down the road in Dad's gator, and drove around the field checking out oak trees. There were some nice ones, surprisingly not damaged by the deer, so perhaps they'll end up in our yard someday.

When we got home, Dad took me on a tour of the back part of our property, which I haven't been to in years (it requires driving over the pond dam). So, that was fun and informative (if you find deer carcasses informative - although we only saw one, so perhaps I'm exaggerating). It's going to be nice again tomorrow, but then it will be wintery the rest of the week, so it was nice that we got out.

After that, I ran into town to pick up a couple of things, then came home and hung out until supper. My dad smoked some pork, and my mom made layered lettuce and baked beans, so supper was pretty delicious. Then I caught up on some fine CBS programming...and now I should sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: