Sunday, November 10, 2019

realize i don't want to be a miser

I'm back in Denver after a crash landing into my regularly scheduled life. I awoke this morning in Iowa, where I had just the right amount of time to hang out, eat a snack, drink some iced coffee, shower, and pack before heading out the door. I also played with silica gel - I preserved a few roses from my gram's casket spray, and my mom will tend to them while I'm gone. This is perhaps a slightly macabre collection, but I have a rose from my uncle's casket that I preserved in similar fashion (and now have in an acrylic box that is meant for baseballs), and it seemed fitting for one of Gram's roses to go with it.

sssanyway. My parents took me to the airport, and on the drive I learned far more about hedge trees (aka Osage orange) than I ever knew I needed to know. At the airport we said our farewells (temporarily, really - I'll be home again in two weeks). I had time for a salad at the airport before flying to Denver, where I picked up my car and headed home When I got here, I had just enough time to start some laundry and take a shower before my houseguest came home - my coworker Alice was staying with me this weekend, but I wasn't here to host her. I think she had a good time without me, but she made time tonight for us to hang out.

So we had drinks at Williams and Graham (a speakeasy that looks like a library), and then we walked to Root Down, where we had a v. lovely dinner. Alice left for Boulder after dinner, and I took care of my laundry situation and wrote this blog. And now, even though it feels ridiculous to sleep this early, I'm going to bed - goodnight!

No comments: