Saturday, November 02, 2019

drive by

Today was long but v fun. I did a bit of stuff around the house in the morning, and then met up with old friends - the people who I call the drunk freshmen (who are now in their mid thirties) are visiting. I started with coffee with Tom, since he recently left a tech job to write, and so we had a lot of writing type stuff to discuss. Then we met up with Julie, Deano, and their friend Emily at Bar Dough, which was a delight. We continued the fun at Recess, and overall it was super great to see them.

However, brunch was late (1pm start), and I had a six pm reservation for dinner, so I only got a few minutes of break in between my plans. I then picked up Katie and we went downtown to The Kitchen - we never go for dinner downtown, but this was worth it. We discussed many and varied things, and had some oysters (among other things), and it was generally a wonderful night.

And now I need to go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: