Tuesday, November 19, 2019

by the sycamore tree in the dead of night

In a bizarre mirror of last week, I'm in a hotel room in Boulder. But tonight I'm in the hotel opposite of the one where I stayed last week; I spent the whole day with my boss instead of being the boss; and I'm in bed at 9:30 instead of staying up until two. It's funny how fast things move - two weeks ago I was packing to go to Iowa. It's no wonder I'm exhausted and not really processing anything.

But today I had an offsite that is going well so far. It's usually exhausting to do all day meetings, but this was better than most. We also broke early to do a surprise baby shower + happy hour for someone in my team, so that was a welcome bit of fun. And then the off-site group went out for dinner - we went to Blackbelly on my recommendation, and it didn't disappoint. The ribeye was excellent, they have some pretty perfect potatoes, and the whole meal was generally on point.

Now, though, I should be doing slides but have made the dangerous decision to get up early and finish in the morning. Goodnight!

No comments: