Thursday, November 28, 2019

i cut off my tshirt sleeves and claim a new continent

Happy Thanksgiving! I am still in ye olde Iowa, where the family and I had a good day, all things considered. It was never going to be a great day; we only needed six chairs and didn't have to use any folding chairs for the dinner, which was a real kick in the teeth if you think about it too hard. So I didn't think about it, and drank a bottle of wine instead. But of course Uncle Mark and Gram weren't too far from the surface in anything that we did today, and that's just a given.

sssanyway. Mom made a veritable feast for Thankgiving, and Aunt Kathy and Drewbaby came down to enjoy it. We ate sometime around one (after stuffing ourselves with the relish tray first), then sat around and digested, and then eventually spent a lovely night playing Codenames and laughing as much as possible. Drewbaby and Kathy are spending the night, so I should probably go to bed so that I can hang out with them in the morning (and also do some online Black Friday shopping, of course). I hope you all had wonderful holidays - goodnight!

No comments: